Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Washi tape Christmas tree card

Having originally said no to handmade Christmas cards this year due to lack of time, I decided in the end that I'd like to make just a few. :)

I was browsing Two Peas in a Bucket and came across this card, and just loved the stylized washi tape Christmas card. I used that as "lift inspiration" for my design, although instead of a curly bracket tag and ledger paper underneath, I decided to stamp directly onto the card. I used Tim Holtz's Antique Linen Distress Ink. Stamping definitely isn't my strong suit, but I wasn't too worried if it wasn't perfect.


For the tree, I adhered strips of washi tape (from Downtown Tape - love their site!) to cardstock then cut it into strips of different widths and lengths. I had some snowflake brads in my stash which I thought would work on the tops of the trees.

When making multiples of one card, I like to line up a "mass production" line, even just for 10 cards like in this case.



With all the elements lined up and ready to go, it didn't take long to have all the cards finished!


Such a good feeling to have this completed within the first week of December!

~ Caroline ~

1 comment: