Saturday, June 23, 2012

75th birthday card

My Dad turned 75 this week and I made him this card.


The background paper is from an old  DCWV paper stack. I cut the 75 from kraft cardstock using my Slice and the Basics 3 design card, then sprayed them with Perfect Pearls mists.


I had a lot of fun designing the inside. I'd seen a similar idea for the inside on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try!


I cut the banners from the Dilly Dally design card. The "happy" and "birthday" both came from the Words and Expressions card. I just cut up the "happy" and adhered the letters to the banner. I attached the hemp cord with polka dot washi tape. I know cards for guys typically don't need bling, but I did add just a tiny dot of bling for the "i" of birthday.

I heard that the card safely made it to England intact, and in time for the special day! :)

~ Caroline ~

3 comments:

  1. Thats a lovely birthday card. Thank you for stopping by on Jennifers blog hop and leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have to say you nailed it. It's beautiful and original. I have a card the "Vintage findings" that has two different banners ..I'm sure you are going to love it. I'm going to check the dilly daily that you used for this card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yiyi, I'm glad you liked the card. :) I also have the Vintage Findings design card and I love it! Have fun with Dilly Dally; I wrote another post about that design card which you can find here:
    http://scrapandslice.blogspot.com/2011/04/dilly-dally-slice-design-card.html

    ReplyDelete