Saturday, May 19, 2012

Week in the Life 2012

For the first time ever, I decided to embark on Ali Edwards' Week in the Life project. It coincided with a 2-day conference for work and a bunch of other busyness that I initially justified as ruling me out of WitL. But after telling a friend about the project and seeing her excitement, I decided to go for it anyway!

I knew I'd need to keep it simple if I was going to succeed. I printed out the daily sheets from Ali's website and kept them with me throughout each day. I took ALL the photos with my phone (Droid X - love it!) then at the end of the week made a 2-page montage in Photoshop Elements for each day. I took about 150 photos during the course of the week.

When I put it all together, I repurposed an 8.5x11" spiral-bound folder that was lying around, tore out a few excess pages, then stuck the daily sheets right on top of the original content. Then I used Smash tape to add the photos as an addition on the side for each day. Really simple meant that I actually accomplished this project, and I am so pleased I did!

Here's the front cover:

The "day by day" cardstock punch-out was from a 12x12 punch-out pad from Colorbok that I won at a crop. The rest of the lettering, ribbon and metal flower are from Making Memories (mostly Paperie collection).

Here are a couple of examples of what each day looks like (they're all quite similar):



Even though technically you could do this project anytime, it felt good to go through the week knowing there were other WitL-ers out there all doing the same thing! I think I already take quite a lot of everyday-type photos, but being more intentional about it made me even more aware of my surroundings and gave me a fresh look at things I don't always notice.

I'll definitely try and do this again next time around - I think Ali is planning for that towards the end of 2013 which seems like a long way off right now but will likely be upon us soon. :)

~ Caroline ~

No comments:

Post a Comment