Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mix & Mingle Design Card

On today's layout I want to show you the very versatile Mix & Mingle Design Card for your Slice. This card has tons of different letters and numbers, all in different fonts, so you can "mix and mingle" for a cool look on your layout. This is one of my go-to design cards because it can be used for so many different styles and projects.


For this layout I used the Making Memories Panorama collection. It's a collection that has a travel theme, but I thought the bright colors went really well with a food layout too. Food is also about going places, right?☺In our home we've become big fans of fruit and vegetable smoothies, which we call "blendies" because we mix so many different ingredients. And seeing as today's layout is all about mixing and mingling, this seemed to be a perfect blend!

I cut the word Discover out of one of the sheets of Panorama embellishment paper, then I inked the edges with a fluid chalk ink. I used a star-shaped Panorama brad before adhering the paper using pop dots to give it some dimension.


I used the Mix & Mingle card for the word Blendies, cutting letters of different sizes as well as choosing letters of varying height (this just depends which style of letter you choose). I used one of the Panorama brads for the dot over the I.


For the lower part of the page, I handcut part of one of the sheets of Panorama embellishment sheets but only partially stuck it down, so that I created a handy pocket. Instead of having a journaling tag, I used the Bon Appetit design card to cut a recipe card shape on which I could put the ingredients for the blendie. You could actually make your own recipe book in this way, and because the recipe cards aren't attached to the page you can just take out whichever recipe you need at the time.

On the front of the recipe card I used the Mix & Mingle card again to cut out the word Yum in the different fonts. I think this creates a very fun look, and it emphasizes the page's theme of blended tastes.


 On the back of the card, I wrote the ingredients and cut out Bon Appetit from the Bon Appetit card.


I embellished my photo with a flower from the fabulous Panorama label stickers (which come in a cool little suitcase that would make a great embellishment of its own). On the opposite corner I made a small (1") award from the Bon Appetit card. I needed a really tiny circle for the center, so I used one of the layers from a shape on the Dilly Dally design card and then another Panorama star brad to complete the look. More mixing and mingling for my layout!


In the top corner, I attached some Panorama trim with some Making Memories colored staples, which I really love to use on my layouts. This added some more dimension as well as another texture to the page.


I hope this has inspired you to try new combinations of designs and shapes in your creations!

If you'd like to see more tips on getting the most out of your Slice, be sure to become a fan of the Slice Facebook page.

~ Caroline ~

1 comment:

  1. Love your fun style Caroline, looks like you've been having a wonderful time playing and experimenting with your Slice, it looks so cool - definitely have to save up for one!

    ReplyDelete