Tuesday, November 29, 2011

December Daily - foundation pages and cover

Here are my foundation pages and cover, ready just in time for December. Yay!


Lots of firsts for me here - first DD album and also my first binding project with my Bind-It-All, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I thought about painting the chipboard cover but in the end decided I quite liked the unfinished look.

My pages are 8.5" x 5.5". I kept the base for each page really simple, just white cardstock, with a simple green frame that I printed on each one. (Actually I printed 2 to a page then cut them in half with my trimmer.) My basic layout for each page is pretty much the same, with the number in the corner. I used the general idea of frame + number from Ali Edwards' templates, but wanted to adapt them to incorporate my own ideas.

Most of the papers and chipboard accents are from My Mind's Eye, from the Snowed In collection (not available anymore, but just in case someone is curious!)

On the front cover I also used pearl accents and letter stickers from Making Memories. You'll see more of those letter stickers below, along with some blue glittery ones (also Making Memories). The numbers and the shapes were all cut using my Slice - mostly the Mistletoe and Fa La La design cards.

This post explains a bit more about how I approached my December Daily project.

So - here are my foundation pages. I stopped at 24 because I want to do something different for Christmas Day. You can click on any image to see a larger version.













~ Caroline ~

4 comments:

  1. Its wonderful! I love your numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool- great choice for a book size and your pages are different but yet they go together well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your clean and simple page design. I have not made a DD, but maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These numbers are amazing - I'd love to see how you've used these pages so far. So organised!

    ReplyDelete