Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wedding mini album


Today I’m showing you a mini album I created using the Slice Wedding design card. This card was perfect for the wedding pictures I wanted to use, and I paired it with the beautiful papers and embellishments from the Making Memories Je t’Adore collection. I really like the tone on tone theme in these papers as well as the vintage layered look which features throughout.


I repurposed some coasters as the base for the album. I love their scalloped edge which fits well with the wedding theme. This also gives me the freedom to add more pages/coasters if I want. These coasters are exactly 4” in diameter which of course is totally perfect for my Slice!



On the first page, I cut out a frame from the Wedding design card and stuck it to my photo, then trimmed the photo in line with the frame to accentuate the shape. I wanted a somewhat understated title so cut out “i do” from the Wedding design card at 1" and adhered the letters a Je t’Adore die-cut heart. I inked the heart with silver pigment ink. The circle for the background paper was cut from the Basic Elements design card.


Everything on the left page was cut from the Wedding card. I used pop dots for the dove and heart to make them pop. Read on to find out where the flowery paper circle cut came from!


I used the same polka dot paper as on the opposite page to cut a 4” frame from the Wedding card for the picture, and the shape also complemented and balanced the one on the other side of the page. I also used a dove to match the opposite page and a flower – both foil die cuts from Je t’Adore.


On the left page, I used a scalloped circle from the Wedding card as the background. Then I cut out the double heart shape, and the heart tag. On the heart tag, rather than leaving the heart shape empty, I turned round the heart cutout because it was cut from double-sided paper, and then adhered it on the back with some tape. 


I attached the tag with a small pink brad I had in my stash. Then I inked all the elements for this page with gold pigment ink. The double hearts are attached with pop dots to add some dimension.

On the right page I cut the word “love” from the border of one of the Je t’Adore specialty papers which has pretty gold foil over the top of the pink design. This really helped the letters pop. The 4” background circle is cut from the Basic Elements card


The scalloped frame is from the Wedding card. For the observant among you, you might notice that the center cutout from this shape is what I used on the earlier page with the dove! I love to make the most of my Slice cuts and pretty papers. J


On the left I cut the background circle from the Basic Elements card as before, then used one of the Je t’Adore die cuts as a background for the bells, which I cut from the Wedding card. I wanted to adhere the bells with a brad so I cut an asterisk with the shadow feature on the Wedding card to make the “base” for the brad, which made the embellishment a bit sturdier. The brad is from the Making Memories Panorama collection.


On the right I cut the 4” scalloped circle, and the 2” word “dance” from the Wedding card and adhered it over the photo.


On the back page I cut a 4” flower from the Wedding card and used pop dots to adhere the Je t’Adore die-cut heart.


After punching holes in all the coasters I attached them with a ring which I embellished with some ribbon, taken from the Je t’Adore Fleur Bouquet.

Maybe I’ll add some more pages sometime – if so I’ll post them here! J

For more tips, projects and ideas, become a fan of the Slice Facebook page!

~ Caroline ~

1 comment: