Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cityscape with Hit the Road design card

I have loved the Hit the Road design card ever since I got my hands on it. I particularly like the look of all the whimsical buildings with their cutout windows.


For this cityscape, I grabbed a few scraps, all with polka dots, and cut out a variety of the buildings (only one shape is repeated, using the mirror function - can you spot it?) I used 4" cuts each time.

On the lighter coloured pieces I added a little bit of brown blending chalk just to tone down the brightness and add some definition to the edges. A pale ink such as Tim Holtz's Antique Linen Distress Ink would also work well for this.



Then I used some thick pop dots to adhere all the buildings to a piece of card. I may back it further or put it in a shadow box on the wall.

This would be an easy project to repeat on a smaller scale (maybe with 2" cuts) for a card to congratulate somebody on moving house, or as a change of address card.

~ Caroline ~

No comments:

Post a Comment